The jSax opens up whole new opportunities for kids to take up the sax at an early age.
Blues Tube - WindStars
Funky Monkey - WindStars
The jSax follows traditional saxophone fingering patterns and enables kids to develop sax embouchure and playing skills at an early age. It has a surprising mellow sax sound and is a lot of fun to play even for an accomplished amateur sax player.
The jSax is pitched in C like all other NUVO instruments so it can play along with all WindStars music. It has a fully chromatic range from middle C to G in the next octave. For beginners with small fingers there is a set of plugs (training wheels!) which can be used to help seal the tone holes in the early days of learning.
The jSax is lightweight and super-durable and is 100% waterproof making it very suitable for the classroom as well as a fun travel instrument.
The jSax uses the standard Nuvo resin reeds with a 1½ and 2 provided with the kit. It can also use an Eb clarinet cane reed and some soprano sax mouthpieces will also fit. You may also want to try the synthetic reed by Légère which fits all Nuvo instruments.
The jSax comes with a durable blow-molded case, carry strap and fingering chart.
U.S. PATENT PENDING
- Enables kids to develop sax embouchure
- Traditional saxophone fingering
- Training wheels seal tone holes for small fingers
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Durable Nuvo plastic reeds for beginners
- In the key of C and fully chromatic
- Plays from middle C to G in the next octave
- jSax 2.0 Product Leaflet (PDF)
- jSax Fingering Chart (PDF)
- Tips on Getting The Best Sound (PDF)
- Method Books, Backing Tracks and Video (link)
Straighten your jSax
While the curved instrument is perfect for kids, some adults may find the straight option more comfortable. The “Straighten your jSax kit” provides a straight neck and bell to transform your jSax.